Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Alcohol Inks



Here a couple of cards that I made using an old technique, alcohol inks, glossy card stock, and a straw. I dropped some coordinating colors of alcohol ink on glossy card stock, and then took a straw and blew the ink in different directions. I then stamped the images, the lighthouse is by Impression Obsession and the sailboat by PSX (very old!) with Staz On ink. I needed to do something other than just color with my Copics, and I think they both turned out quite well.

Thanks for stopping by to give me your thoughts!

Deb

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love these cards. They are my style, and yes, I have both of those stamps. They will always be in style! I love the colors using a straw to spread them.
Hugs, Pat Smith

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous cards, Deb!! Cool technique! And it might be an old technique to you, but people like me that haven't been stamping very long don't know about them. So thanks for sharing both your beautiful cards as well as the technique! I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Lillian A said...

That technique turned out great, Deb. These would be great "guy" cards, who are always hard to design for. Good job, girl !

Nancy said...

These are gorgeous, and a technique I have never tried. Beautiful!